Thursday, August 30, 2012

Tell me how you built that yourself...

I really want to hear it!

Tell me, child of poor immigrants who made good in this country, tell me how you built that yourself.  Tell me how you went to school though your parents couldn't contribute to the taxes that made those schools exist, walked or rode to school on public transportation.  Saw television.  Heard radio.  Had electricity.  Didn't die of cholera or malaria.  Tell me more.

Tell me, Mr. Executive, how you built that yourself, transporting your goods on roads built by all of our taxes, on airplanes that use our country's security to keep them safe, using law enforcement to protect your employees and your products from bands of criminals.  The corporate "person" that enjoys all these benefits pays less in taxes than you earned last year.  Tell me more.

To those who really think they did it "themselves" - please justify that phrase.  You were lucky enough to be born in or accepted by the United States, where you could take advantage of safety, resources, and infrastructure not available in many places.  Things that the government, by the people and for the people, provided.  Anyone who pays taxes helps you PAY for this success, and pays for its failures as well.  I personally pay to the tune of a hell of a lot more than Mitt Romney's 13%.  You did not do that your damn self.

No comments:

Post a Comment