Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Quickly

1)  I feel pathetic that I have no followers.  I feel pathetic for feeling pathetic about that.

2)  I love that my husband gave me Laura Hillenbrand's (remember Seabiscuit) new book, Unbroken, for Christmas.  Clearly a book about World War II isn't my usual thing, but I love it.  It took me a little bit of time to get into it, but now that I have a few things stand out.

The level of sacrifice that everyone assumed during the war.  Everyone understood that actions have consequences.  War is ugly.  There is a cost.  Everyone was involved.  Today it's all so removed, so sanitary.  The ugliness is all kept far, far away and few people truly have a vested interest.

Reading about the horrors these people faced for months, years on end, makes me feel like a pampered little crybaby.  The fact that anyone made it home alive and with a functional mind left is incredible.  I take way too much for granted and spend far too much time being introspective.  Like worrying about the fact no one reads my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment