Saturday, January 8, 2011

What's been happening for the last 16 months...

I can't possibly cover all this ground.  Let's see... I relapsed, acted crazy, had horrible experiences and traumatized those who love me, went to outpatient rehab, started and quit smoking again, went back to AA, tried to get my shit back together and have hopefully gotten myself and my family on solid footing again.  There is a lot of very writeable material in that period, but current events are just more pressing. 

Let's talk about Lydia!  Did you know that a 7 year-old could receive treatment at an eating disorder center.  Well I did not!  I cried when we were referred there; though I know in my head that we've tried everything, it still feels like a colossal failure on my part.  This has not been a fun journey.  BUT... she gained some weight this week, and tonight she hit 40 pounds on our home scale - first time EVER.  I am too tired to do this tonight I think, but I felt like if I didn't start posting on here again soon, I would forget again.  The curse of my short attention span.

It may be that no one ever reads this, and that's fine too.  I feel scattered and sad tonight, so outraged and sickened by the shootings in Tucson today.  This country is in deep, deep trouble. 
Sweet dreams to anyone out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment